Some of the Unique Features of this innovative Distribution Model are:
* Collective Buying on behalf of the members
* Purchases from producers/manufactures or wholesalers
* Retailers in the supply chain are eliminated
* Purchases only as per the requirements
* No stocks, no Inventories
* Operates on No Profit, No Lossť basis
* Savings to the extent of 15 to 20 % in monthly grocery budget
* Delivery of the commodities at Sangh level (door-step)
* No Multinational products in the basket (Swadeshi)
Annual turnover of Rs 54.58 Crores as on 31stMarch
* Purchases of such huge size are efficiently managed by Purchase Committee comprising house-wives with no professional background.
* Each Grahak Sangh is managed by a Sangh Pramukh (Group Leader) who also works voluntarily to co-ordinate various activities such as collecting indents from members, distribution of each members,
* Purchase Committee members, each Grahak Sangh pramukh and Secretary over controlling and directing this Distribution System work purely on voluntary basis
* Environmental concern: (a) Use of cloth bags for Sugar, Wheat and Rice ( which are re-used for about 18 months) thereby eliminating large quantity of plastic. (b) Door-step delivery to each Grahak Sangh (comprising of minimum 7 families), which eliminates visit of each member to market, contributes to substantial savings in fuel and reduces carbon emission. (c) Fancy packing of products is discouraged
* Health concern: Special care is taken to introduce and supply healthy and nutritious food items and healthy habits are consciously cultivated.
* Restrain on Consumption: Members are always educated to restrain and avoid wasteful consumption of food and other items and concept of sustainable consumption is consciously promoted as a matter of policy.
* Employee Satisfaction: Nearly 100 employees in service for packing, unpacking, re-packing and delivery to Grahak Sanghas. Two Labour Unions of employees and workers with track record of industrial harmony and peace. Employees are paid decent wages, bonus etc. No labour dispute or agitation during last 35 years which is a sign of total employees satisfaction.
* Customer Satisfaction: Members under the Distribution System through Grahak Sangh are customers who are fully satisfied with quality of goods supplied, prices at which they are made available and strict delivery schedule which is meticulously maintained. Any minor complaints are attended promptly on receipt of feedback from the members. Defective products, leaky products are promptly replaced. As such the organization enjoys full confidence of the members which is reflected in continuous growth in membership base.
* Communication: Effective communication is maintained through Grahak Sangh Pramukh and also through in-house monthly magazine Grahak Hitay which is give to each member free of cost every month.
* Regulatory Compliance: The system operates by strictly following applicable rules & regulations of the Government. Holds all valid licences. Make purchases only with proper invoices and pays all taxes, charges, wherever applicable. No single violation of any law.
* Compliance with laws: Not a single case in any court of law against the organization for any criminal offence or breach of any law for consumer protection.